Ok so my English teacher handed this out for the class to do on Friday & I am so bored that I type the whole thing for you all to do. Enjoy! ^_^ Oh & go grab a pen & paper before you start. Be sure to read the directions people!
Answer all of the following questions as quickly as possible. Do not skip any. If more than one answer applies, choose the one that best applies to you.
1. If you had to give someone directions to your house, which of the following methods would you most likely use?
a) Write a paragraph that explains where & when to turn.
b) Draw a road map.
2. Which of the following are you better at solving?
a) Jigsaw puzzle
3. Do you remember faces easily?
4. Do you think you'd earn higher grades in a geometry or algebra class?
5. Imagine you're at a resort. Which of the following would you most likely do?
a) Obtain a brochure of local attractions and plan what you'd like to do for the day.
b) Drive around without a plan & decide what you'd like to do as you drive along.
6. What is usually easy or difficult for you to learn grammar in school?
7. Imagine enrolling in a music course. You & a partner must write a song. Would you write the lyrics or compose the melody? (assume you have the ability to do both)
a) Write the lyrics
b) Compose the melody
8. When you read a new chapter in a textbook, which of the following are you most likely to do?
a) Skim through the entire chapter first to get an idea of what the chapter is about
b) Read the chapter from beginning to end without doing much skimming
9. In which of the following English classes would you most likely enroll?
b) Creative writing
10. Imagine that you volunteered to work for the school newspaper. Which of the following would you rather do?
a) Cut & paste & lay out the stories & decide which stories should appear where
b) Write one or two of the stories
11. After reading a new chapter in a textbook, which of the following would you rather do?
a) Summarize the chapter
b) Outline the chapter
12. If you had an important project due in a class, would you rather work in a group or alone?
13. Which of the following classroom situations do you prefer?
a) A teacher announces assignments on a weekly basis & sets specific, weekly due dates
b) A teacher announces all the assignments at the beginning of the course and allows you to complete them at any times before the end of the course
14. Which of the following statements best applies to you?
a) I'm good at guessing a person's mood by his or her body language
b) I'm not good at guessing a person's mood by his or her body language
15. Which of the following would you rather play?
16. With which of the following statements do you most agree?
a) We should continue exploring outer space since one day this exploration may benefit us
b) We should continue exploring outer space only if we can be sure ahead of time of certain benefits we would receive
How many "a" answers did you have for odd-numbered questions?
How many "b" answers did you have for even-numbered questions?
Add up these two sums & this is your LEFT-HEMISPHERE total.
How many "a" answers did you have for even-numbered questions?
How many "b" answers did you have for odd-numbered questions?
Add up these two sums & this is your RIGHT-HEMISPHERE total.
Left-Hemisphere Dominance (left total=10 or more)
Your score indicates that your are generally a high organized person. If you're sloppy, even your mess makes sense to you. When given a job to do, you like to approach the task one step at a time rather than plunging into it. if you're involved in extra-curricular activities, you are probably well disciplined. In the future, you'd probably do well in areas such as accounting, engineering, or computer programming.
Right-Hemisphere Dominance (Right total=10 or more)
Your total indicates that you use intuition & creativity to achieve certain goals, rather than an detailed plan of action. You feel that too much planning tends to limit possibilities. If you're involved in extra-curricular activities that require practice or drilling, you perform well when inspired but otherwise do not enjoy the routine of practicing everyday. Chances are good that you are interested in music, art, athletics.
Balanced Hemispheres (both totals= less than 10)
Your score indicates that you fall somewhere between these two extremes. When given a job to do, you may prepare yourself by making lists (which is something a left-hemisphere person would do), but the lists may not be highly organized (which a right-hemisphere person may prefer)
Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.